Saturday, July 19, 2014

The State of a bewildered mind

(Note - This poem is very nostalgic for me- yet now it seems all amateurish. I wrote it way back in my college days, so may sound cheesy for obvious reasons :-D)


This days, when from college I return

My mind meanders, in solitude it burns

Enduringly dumbfounded , in life's twist and turns

Why do I think of you now , when its all bygone?



The views from my terrace, In the early hours of night

The flights ferrying people, flocking in great height

My thoughts drifting directionless, like an abandoned kite

I now realise ,I am missing you allright!



Glaring moments, just adding to my plight

The time that we fought, and you cried all night

The January morning dew, my arrival at your door with flowers bright

When you bid me adieu , with a hug long and tight.



Then I think of your gaze, with the fleeting zoom

My thoughts get frozen, to nature does it loom

The sun is in smiles, and the  flowers starts to bloom

A sudden thrill now takes over the gloom



Your mere touch, brings a fresh autumn spell

The radiance of your presence makes lightning fall pale

Even your name luminates a glow, a fire unquelled

A creation ,per se,unparallel.



When you told me today, we got to move on

Only than that I realised, I took you granted for long

The confusion did exist before- that I want you with me along

Now its overtly translucent - I want you in this journey lifelong



Compatibility is a evolution, and future a state of trance

If there is a scope, I plead to give another glance
I cant impose or squabble, whatever be your stance

All I pray for , is a second chance

No comments: