Saturday, December 13, 2008

The tale of a loser who never said die

This afternoon , when I was navigating thru different blogs, seeking some pragmatic gyan on efficaciously encountering gd/pi's of niche b schools,I happened to bump upon a a line which had a voluminous imprint in my mind.The line goes like this - "Buddha was probably wrong, the cause of all sorrows is not desires, it is this desire to judge and keeping expectations from people that causes all troubles and sorrows in this world.".I need not elaborate on what led the guy to text this lines - Thats for you to find out:-).But what moved me was the utter veracity of the statement, which strikes a chord with you instantaneously- Just think about it - If you did not have expectations- you would not leave the scope of those expectations not being met - and thus sorrow, which is an output of achievement in accordance to expectation ,would become null & void in the first place. "The easier said than done" fact is intrinsic in here,and additionally,I am also aware that there can be no life without expectations( coz then there would be no success too). But sometimes mobilising our expectations towards something which is not likely to pay the expected dividend,may have unfavourable implications.Why it happens is anybody's guess ( love, commitment blah blah..) , and maybe, as you might have already guessed,the reason I am writing this too might be due to the fact of undergoing the trauma of some serious expectations not being met, which is having its repercussions in the most adverse of ways. But then, thatz not the point.The point is - no matter who says what - why is the human mind so frail??, why is it that even after being aware that expectations might lead to failure, we still crave for greater expectations of love??. Is it that our brain just have no control on our emotions, and vice versa??If so, then me ( read - my emotions) & my mind ( read- my brain which doesnot let me have a reasonable approach ) - do they have a dual exsistence, with one having limited or no control over the other??Do they jus have a synchronised existence, but not one havin a common platform??....Questions and questions still languish in my mind, jus that my mind does not have a solution.Or Maybe,just that, It doesnot want to answer.....

P.S. - Look out for this space for a poem within the next 48 hours - my first poem in years - n one having a deep rooted meaning - Atleast to myself.

No comments: